Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bits of Wool and Bronze


Today I was encouraged to post some of my latest creations. In July, I knit this bag while at the cottage on Keats Island and felted it when I got home.


I dyed this off-white wool with strawberry kool-aid
and loved the bright red colour.
I buffed, polished,




and finished my "Abundance" medallion. It is meant to be a representation of my city's community spirit.


I had fun creating things in July. In the kitchen, I made a tomato, feta and caramelized onion pie (inspired by the Simply in Season cookbook). Regrettably, I do not have a picture of it. It was the most tasty of my creations.
I wonder what the rest of the summer will bring?


5 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful work, Dianne!!!! The koolaid dyed wool looks lovely .. will it hold its color when felted?

Katherine said...

Oh Dianne, the bag is so lovely! I love the bright colours and the striping you came up with looks great. Amazing how vivid your kool-aid dying turning out. I didn't achieve the brightness. Sadly, my yarn was very muted.
Wow! I love the medallion you made and am glad to see all your creativity. You were certainly busy creating last month. Thanks for sharing!

canadasue said...

gorgeous! your knitting joyful, your bronze medallic art had a serene contentment to it! Both so you...

Heather said...

Hi Diane
What a beautiful medallion, what an artist you are!!
You are inspiring me to get the wool and kool-aid out that I've had hanging around for...oh, about a year now. Eek! I will have to try that tomato, feta pie from Simply in Season, I still have a copy out from the libary. Isn't it a great book?

Nicola said...

Love the colour combination on the striped bag. Thanks for sending me the link to this blog.