Monday, April 7, 2008

An Inspiring Quote


This past week I have been reading Mrs. Miniver (by Jan Struther) and enjoying her musings about the world around her immensely. I was inspired to read it by Jane Brocket from Yarnstorm who mentioned in her book The Gentle Art of Domesticity that it was a good read. There are a number of great quotes throughout the book but this is the one that jumped out at me today:


"......it oughtn't to need a war to make us talk to each other in buses, and invent our own amusements in the evenings, and live simply, and eat sparingly, and recover the use of our legs, and get up early enough to see the sun rise."


All things that I want more of in my life.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a wondeful quote, it really says it all doesn't it. When I read Jane Brocket's book I also wrote down her list of favourite authors so that I could get them from the library. There weren't too many available though.