Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer pleasures





The kids had some friends over on Friday and they built this great fort. E invited me out to play in it with her. When I got in, I laid down on the blue towel and started to doze off. She covered me with the other towel and said I could have a rest. It was lovely! I fell asleep to the sweet sound of our backyard birds. I wasn't sure about camping in our tent this year but as I lay there words like "delightful" floated through my head. I awoke with a few sore points on my body but nothing could dampen the joy I felt at having once again experienced the childhood pleasure of sleeping in an outdoor fort.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

canadasue said...

ah the joy of "building" your own home...

Katherine said...

Looks like a great fort! You definitely will have to put the tent up in your yard. Who knows? You may prefer sleeping in your yard over sleeping in the house ;o)